Monday, November 19, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Where have I been? I’ve been busy trying to earn money for a living, planning my sister’s Bridal Shower, and running errands for her wedding. I’ve also been budgeting for all the expenses, making the decorations and props, and up worrying about everything. Oh, and I took up knitting.

Look at this handsome boy! Meet Angus, my sister’s 4 yr. old Beagle and the first model for Potter Puppies, a collection of scarves I am knitting for all the dogs in the fam (we have four).

The knitting has been therapeutic and good for my mental health, especially after all the strain it has been under. After weeks of not being satisfied with the work, just as I was nearly done, I unraveled it. I just couldn’t give Gus an ugly scarf. So knit I did once more and I am very happy with the final product! How posh and English, this one looks! So poised and preppy!

If any of you know me personally, you know that I’m a leftie. Scour the internet I did for tips and tutorials for beginners… and success! It looks like I finally got the garter stitch (and bi-color!) down pat.