Thursday, February 28, 2013

Drug Lord

It's official. My dog is just as (medicinal)drug-dependent as his mother.


After a stressful morning for both me and the pup, I've decided to rush him to the vet for his post-op check-up. I noticed that he wasn't feeling quite as boisterous as he was yesterday, he can not stand nor walk for long periods of time (meaning 5 seconds or 5 steps long), his whimpering is back in full force (though not as forceful as his first night), and his urine and feces were nowhere to be seen. The findings? Itchiness and SEVERELY low pain tolerance. Euck. This means more chemicals for my boy.

A current listing of the drugs I am plying my dog with:
Amoxycilin (Antibiotic) 2x a day for 10-14 days
Immunisin (Immune booster) 2x a day for 15-30 days
Hemostan (Anti-inflammatory) 2x a day for 3-4 days
Tramadol (Painkiller) 2x a day for 3 days
Panolog Cream (For irritation and anti-inflammatory) 2x a day for 3 days

I am now heavier of heart and lighter of pocket.

But for this little guy? Anything.