Friday, May 11, 2012

The Boutique

I'm one of those few people who actually go on vacation to stay in. I do what I basically do when I have time to veg it out at home. So when my friends asked if I was game to check in to Tagaytay's the Boutique, I jumped at the opportunity. Of course, I've already seen the wonders that is their rooms when I accompanied ate Jill to do ocular for her wedding, but really, staying in is an altogether different experience.

I'm a sucker for freebies. It's true and I have no shame. Places with great customer service and offer freebies like welcome drinks, fruits, candies, nibblets, and what not, and I'm sold. After checking in, as we were getting settled, room service arrived with their welcome treats: iced tea and espasol with hot chocolate. Sinful delights! Oh, and did I get to mention that you get to pick your own amenities from their Pamper Me line? I picked lavender soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Jandi got Rosemary. Our room's scent was Rose Lavender.

We also rented out 3 dvds from their collection and it was my pick! This just means that Jandi had to endure The Wedding Planner, Serendipity, and Sex and the City! Haha!

And of coooooooooooourse, their delicious breakfast! I can't stress just how filling and scrumptious it was! Once checked in, they send you a questionnaire of what time, what kind, and how you would prefer your breakfast. Jandi got the Filipino breakfast which was tapa, omelette, and garlic rice with atchara plus banana in yogurt. His drinks of choice were freshly squeezed pineapple and native hot chocolate. I got the Continental breakfast which had its basket of bread, muffin, butter, and jams, ripe mangoes, and milk and cereal. I ordered the freshly squeezed mango juice and hot chocolate with marshmallows. (=

These were my weekend outfits! So happy to have gotten out of the city. We also got a complimentary Cold Stone Facial Massage. It is literally the best massage I've ever had. Death.

Needless to say, I'm already counting down the days 'til my next visit to the Boutique!