Sunday, May 31, 2009

Caught unaware.

The speed of my heart doubles, my breath catches, my knees start buckling and I have the sudden urge to run away.

My stomach turns, my mouth starts salivating, and pretty soon bile comes up my throat.

I thrash my head side to side, eyes wide open in fear, looking left, looking right -- desperately seeking for a way out.

I want to scream for help, but my throat closes and I let out a croak instead. I'm defenseless against this evil force, armed with nothing useful -- not even my voice.

I see shadows of my siblings, of my friends, and I try, without lack of tenacity, to cling to them. But as shadows are, they cannot be grabbed... cannot even be held.

I relent and wordlessly accept the truth: First term is starting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment