Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4:56 7/8/9 -- 10

An idea borrowed from the Wizard of oohs and ahhs and falala's, Mr. A-Z.

Precisely at this moment, my clock says 4:56 07-08-09. In honor of this momentous event, I, probably along with more than half of Jason's readers, offer up 10 things I'm grateful for:

1.) Books, books, and more books.
2.) Post-birthday high (along with the birthday gifts!)
3.) My very loud, very boisterous, very rambunctious clan (and our love for each other)
4.) Very good music from incredibly great artists
5.) Non-stop soul searching
6.) Coffee (because nothing is more calming)
7.) The weather
8.) Dogs!
9.) The premier tickets for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie (no matter how shallow some people might think that sounds)
10.) Thrifting -- because one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Take, for example, these glasses I found:













The grade of the lens aren't a match to my eye grade, but that can easily be remedied. All I have to do now is have the lens changed and voila! New Vintage (he he! oxymoron...) Glasses. The last person I can remember seeing with glasses this huge is my Paternal Grandfather who passed away almost a decade ago. Here's to you, Gramps.

On cloud 9,
Essa

P.S. Forgive the quality of the photos, they were taken via my laptop having just woken up from sleep -- with no shower, teeth unbrushed, face unwashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment