Friday, July 31, 2009

Nothing Prolific

I know I have been neglecting my blog for quite some time now, but really, I'm out of school and have nothing else to do except read, and I know that reading countless book reviews would be boring to some. For those of you interested though...

Here's what I've been up to:


I braved the rain and had coffee at Starbucks with 2 of my bestfriends, Mack & Maria, last Sunday at Julia Vargas. Maria picked me up at home and then we got ourselves lost on the way to Mack's. After about an hour of roaming around, we were finally able to locate the elusive address and hauled ass to get our caffeine fix. We settled down, caught up, and talked about friends from back in the hell hole we call High School before parting ways.



Mack decided to sleep over at my place, a ploy to get me to "help" her make a reaction paper about a museum they had to visit - which of course, we did at the very last possible minute. I introduced her to Veronica Mars, a show which I still mourn for, and now she's hooked as well! We watched half of the first season the entire night, before meeting the sand man. Once we've woken up and broken our fast, we decided to take a jog around the village but found ourselves on the swings instead. After deciding that we were too lazy to exercise, we just decided to go home and read. She borrowed some of my books, a fact of which I am proud because I was the one who got her to appreciate reading. Right now, she has with her my copy of Nicholas Sparks' "The Notebook", and the entire e-book collection of the Bridgertons by Julia Quinn.

**

I have a fan page in facebook now! Haha! I don't know what compelled me to make one, probably the lack of face-to-face socialization. Anyways, click HERE to become my fan! Don't be shy, click click!

I'll be updating my layout, adding my fan page widget and twitter widget (thus letting you all know that I am very much alive) after publishing this post. I've been more active there because it enables the scatter-brain in me; random musings, a seemingly never-ending flight of ideas.

**

Once every blue moon, I venture beyond the confines of my home and join the real world. Tonight was one such night. My friend, Juice, celebrated her birthday a couple of hours ago and I found myself putting on a dress and donning some killer booties. Bare-faced, I bonded with my gliteratti friends and enjoyed immensely - of course, being myself, I only did this for 3 hours (really, that's quite a feat for me. And yes, 3 hours isn't nearly enough time to go clubbing if you're my age.)

I saw my college buddies, reminding me of how much I missed them and how much I missed. Every one is part of a couple now. So happy for them! Also, ran into a childhood friend of mine, Ral, and met her lovely bestfriend, Isa.


Had Drei and ate Iyay pick me up immediately after Maria left with Keiko and Bianca and ate longsi from Goodah! Yumm. My favorite midnight snack.

Overall, I'm still enjoying a life filled with ennui.


Peace & all good things,
Essa.

No comments:

Post a Comment