Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Work


I've been so consumed with work lately that it already feels like 2011 is halfway done, when in reality not even 20 days have gone past. To update you all, the short comedy skit I worked on last November 2010 has hit a new comedy high (by this, I mean that people who aren't part of the team will be seeing it soon!) and is being celebrated this Staurday over at JackTV's awarding at the Mall of Asia. Yay team! Unfortunately, the full length feature film we worked on for SM wasn't picked up, but things are looking good as we just wrapped filming and pre-production for an indie short for another film festival. Fingers crossed that this goes over well and for many more busy work days for us.

To tell you honestly, I never considered I'd fall into film making. I've always been passionate about writing, and books were always my medium of choice, but I've loved films almost as much as I love books. Whenever I'd hit a reading rut, I'd turn to the screen to get my fix of wonder and escapism, so it shouldn't have come as quite a shock that I'd enjoy geeking it out with budding film makers. It did though. The stage has been my first love when it came to performing, and I have been quite a snob with television and movie actors, but the amount of work that goes on in the process is truly one of the most wonderful things ever. 12-15 hour work days aside, the bonding, laughter and shameless amount of fun to be had are enough to put someone such as I in a rollickin' good mood. Also, tiring me out completely helps with my insomnia and lack of productivity.

To help get me through the hectic days of running around and having guerilla shoots with the team, I've compiled a list of songs that keep the adrenaline in my body pumping.

CURRENT WORK PLAYLIST:

1.) She's Got You High - Mumm-ra
2.) New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - LCD Soundsystem
3.) Sticks and Stones - Jonsi
4.) Dog Days Are Over - Florence + the Machine
5.) Sweet About Me - Gabriella Cilmi
6.) Valerie - Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment