Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bangin' the new do.

Every once in a while, and by once in a while I mean once a year or so, I get tired of my long brown hair and decide to chop off my locks to a pixie cut.

Mia Wasikowska


Natalie Portman


Being the unadventurous, cowardly lion that I am though, I have absolutely no follow through. Instead, I keep my hair relatively long (below the shoulders) and try to style my untameable mane by adding bangs that I usually clip to the side.

I can't really say why I have such an attachment to my hair, or even why I'm more comfortable wearing it long. I guess I've always felt that long hair is far easier to manage than short hair, needing only a ponytail to keep my tresses out of my face. Also, long hair is just easier to style when needed.

So earlier today, when I got a haircut with my sisters and niece, I, of course, ended up having it styled in this manner:

Reese Witherspoon


Melanie Laurent


Zooey Deschanel


What is predictable? For about half a decade now, I've had 2 looks: long, straight, one length hair OR long, straight, almost one-length hair with bangs.

Soon though, I will try to rid myself off of my cursed hair.... maybe. I've heard it's liberating.


Bangin',
Essa.

P.S. I'll add photos of my hair on a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment