Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Casting Hunger Games

Katniss Everdeen

Saoirse Ronan, Demi Lovato, Nina Dobrev, Alexandra Daddario, Kaya Scodelario, Emma Watson

My opinion: Saoirse Ronan or Troian Bellisario (who isn't included in this list.)

Peeta Mellark

Lucas Till, Alex Pettyfer, Cam Gigandet, Ed Speleers, Hunter Parrish, William Moseley, Shia LaBeouf

My opinion: I'm undecided. There are some pretty wtf choices here though. Cam Gigandet? Seriously? I feel the work of the twilighters at play... I think Alex Pettyfer would make a much better Finnick Odair than a Peeta and while I do very much love Shia LaBeouf, he's just wrong for the part.

Gale Hawthorne

Drew Roy, Taylor Lautner, Gaspard Ulliel, Skeet Ulrich, Charles Carver

My opinion: Like with Peeta, I'm undecided with Gale. It's just so much harder to cast the 2 male protagonists. However, if they cast Sharkboy (Taylor Lautner), I might have to boycott the film. Just... no. Christ, no. Gaspard Ulliel is taking the lead at the EW polls and while he IS very attractive, I don't feel he's right for the part. That pretty face has no business being in the woods.

Haymitch Abernathy

Hugh Laurie, Robert Downey Jr., Jeff Bridges, Johnny Depp, Jack Black

My opinion: Now we're talking! This one is particularly difficult because I can definitely see any of these actors playing the alcoholic mentor. Top choices for Haymitch are Hugh Laurie and Robert Downey Jr. Jack Black puts out a mean fight though. He is my next pick.

Effie Trinket

Christine Baranski, Kristin Chenoweth, Emily Blunt, Miranda Richardson, Katy Perry

My opinion: Out of sheer principle, I should pick Christine Baranski just because she is fabulous and can pull off any role. Katy Perry is obviously on the list only because she dons the pink and green wigs that Effie herself likes, but is she in possession of some acting skills?

Other names thrown into the mix:

For Katniss:
Chloe Moretz, Emily Browning, Malese Jow

Emily Browning might make a fair Katniss. We already know she looks good with dust and grime on her thanks to the underrated A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

For Gale:
Logan Lerman, Ben Barnes

While I adore these two, I don't see them as Gale. Logan Lerman looks too young and too pretty to play the muscular and handsome Gale. He is just too delicate. Ben Barnes, while sharing Gale's black hair and olive skin, seems too refined to play Katniss's hunting partner.

SOURCE 1 SOURCE 2

Those are just my two cents. I think that the best way to go about this might be to cast unknowns, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment